Want to help end an individual’s homelessness?
Consider helping us fund Diversion services.
What is “Diversion”?
Diversion services identify and implement the least intensive intervention to help an individual or family achieve housing stability. Targeting individuals who have recently entered into homelessness, Diversion services utilize flexible funding to quickly connect people to immediate housing solutions. Sometimes all that is needed to end a person’s homelessness is one-time financial assistance to cover an apartment application fee or to help pay for transportation to stay with friends or family.
Diversion funds allow us to provide
- Gas Cards
- Bus Passes
- Taxi Vouchers
- Temporary Hotel Stays
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Criminal Background Checks
- Move-In or Moving Costs
- Apartment Application Fees
- Employment supports like work boots, uniforms, certification, license fees
- Bus tickets with housing confirmed at destination by phone
- Money orders for those needing identifying documents like birth certificates, government-issued ID cards, and criminal background checks