Experiencing Homelessness?

Coordinated Assessment Access

How Coordinated Entry works

  1. Meet in person at one of the listed locations or complete the form below
  2. Talk to Coordinated Entry staff to identify your housing needs and wants
  3. Learn about the housing programs and other resources that you might be eligible for
  4. Connect with those programs to complete an intake and be assigned a case manager
  5. Work with your case manager to find housing

Please keep the following in mind

  1. Completing the housing assessment does not guarantee housing
  2. This is not a housing waitlist, or a housing application
  3. It is possible you may not be eligible for any current housing program openings
  4. There is no fixed timeline of when an agency may contact you for housing
  5. We will keep searching for a program until we find an opening for you, or you ask us to stop.

Coordinated Assessment Access in the Community



The groups listed in the document below also offer Coordinated Assessments.


Download the list to see the agency name, the population the group serves, the days assessments are available, and how to request an assessment with the agency.

List of Organizations Offering Coordinated Assessments in the Community

Individuals may still request a Coordinated Assessment (to be completed over the phone) by filling out the contact form on this page.

Coordinated Entry FAQ

Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, if you have any of the following questions please understand we will not contact you to answer them:

  • How long will I need to wait for someone to contact me about housing? Can I get an update on where I am on the prioritization list?

    Unfortunately, we are unable to estimate how long it will take for a housing provider to contact you to offer housing assistance. Please understand that housing programs have a limited capacity, and it takes time for providers to contact all the people we assess. It may take longer than 6 months to be contacted, and if you have not heard from a housing provider within that time we ask that you meet with us again to update your information. We urge everyone to continue working on alternative housing options while they wait.

  • Do I need to be re-assessed?  Do I need to re-complete the process?

    You only need to be reassessed/re-complete the process if it has been longer than 6 months from your last assessment and a housing provider has not contacted you OR if your family make-up has changed. For example, if you no longer plan to live with members listed on your household or there are new members to add.

  • Do I need to schedule an appointment to complete a Coordinated Entry assessment?

    All our walk-in assessment locations complete assessments on a first come first served basis.  The earlier in the day you arrive, the more likely you will be seen.  If there are no more available assessment time slots available when you arrive at our walk-in locations, you will be offered an appointment for another day.  However, if you are given a specific appointment time and you’re more than 10 minutes late, the assessor will have to move on to the next person waiting to be assessed.

  • How do I update my contact information (phone number and/or email address)?

    If you have not already, please fill out the Coordinated Entry contact form with all your updated information and a Coordinated Entry Intake Specialist will update your profile with that information. If you have a case manager that has access to HMIS they can also update any contact information you may have.

  • I do not speak English very well. Will I be able to complete the process?

    Yes, all certified Coordinated Entry assessors can utilize language line interpreting services.  The language line provides access to interpreters for more than 200 languages.

  • I have young children. Can I bring them to the meeting?

    Yes, you are welcome to bring your children with you to complete an assessment.

  • What if I am currently in jail or prison, can the Coordinated Entry assessment help me?

     If you were homeless before being in jail or prison AND have stayed in jail or prison for 90 days or less, then you are eligible to complete an assessment.

  • I previously completed a Coordinated Entry assessment and received housing referrals.  How can I switch the type of housing programs I was referred to?

    There are two types of housing programs people can be referred to:  Rapid Rehousing programs offer time limited housing assistance, and Permanent Supportive Housing programs offer long-term housing assistance.

    If you would like to change the type of housing programs you were referred to, please complete the Coordinated Entry contact form, and a Coordinated Entry Intake Specialist will contact you with 7-14 business days.

  • Can you help me find community resources to help with basic needs such as healthcare, food, and employment?

    Please see our “Other Resources” page for community resource information.