TDHCA ESG-CV Tranche 2 Competition:
Special Emergency Solutions Grants Program funds (ESG-CV) have been allocated to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) by HUD as authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). These funds are made available specifically to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) among individuals and families who are homeless or receiving homeless assistance to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
A total of $2,817,088 is available to fund Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) services in Austin / Travis County. The Ending Community Homelessness Coalition (ECHO), as the Lead Agency for the TX-503 Austin / Travis County Continuum of Care and designated ESG Coordinator, is responsible for recommending qualified applicants to TDHCA for funding. ECHO is facilitating a funding competition to inform the funding recommendations sent to TDCHA, and TDHCA will award funding based on ECHO’s recommendations.
Qualified agencies interested in providing RRH program services are encouraged to apply. Interested agencies must be able to provide necessary services to operate a program that aligns with best practice standards for the intervention type and align with the system response to support those most impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Interested applicants must complete an Intent to Apply by 11/18/20 at the following link: https://forms.gle/cSLUkieDxTw6VvA5A
- November 3: ECHO hosts Bidder’s Conference at 10am via Zoom (recording below) and the CommunityForce application portal opens to accept applications.
- November 10: Open Q&A with ECHO from 3pm-4pm.
- November 17: Open Q&A with ECHO from 3pm-4pm. (Recording below.)
- November 18: Deadline to submit the Intent to Apply form.
- November 20: Deadline to submit project applications in CommunityForce. Applications must be submitted prior to 5:00PM CST.
- November 23-27: Applications reviewed by Independent Review Team.
- December 2: Project Management Team approves Final Ranking List for TDHCA ESG-CV RRH program. ECHO notifies all applicants in writing of project acceptance and ranking. Final Ranking List is posted on ECHO’s website for public review.
- December 3: ECHO submits Final Ranking List of RRH projects to TDHCA for funding awards.